[dba-SQLServer] SharePoint (was: Off The Beaten Path)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Oct 19 03:04:25 CDT 2011

Hi Martin

Thanks for the link. A bit outdated though, as it refers to SP2007. SP2010 has been out for a while.
But even that nice MOSS lady mentions that she is not able to (really) tell what SharePoint is. And I don't think the article (indeed not if you start perusing the zillions of comments) will "get me the idea".

I have looked high and low but still haven't found the site with something like "How to get started with SharePoint and why?".

The official MS SharePoint site it simply scary. I can't remember a site with so much marketing fuzz and so little info for people like us.
It must be out there somewhere, but where?

/gustav

>>> mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk 18-10-2011 23:10 >>>
http://www.mosslady.com/article/6#more-6

Bit simple but you will get idea. In our case we front almost every major system we have with SharePoint. Its our interface to SQL server, replacing access, its a virtual learning environment, reporting front end, office web apps, workflow, enterprise search, records management, intregrated with office etc etc

Oh and it all runs on SQL server.

Martin

Sent from my Windows Phone