[dba-SQLServer] Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL: Relational Model Not Dead Yet?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Oct 21 11:59:02 CDT 2011

And of course we have to ask where this leaves the small company.  Notice all of the buzz words
relating to IT departments.  My client DIS has 50 employees, and they have a guy who maintains the
machines and a VP over the call center who does much of the IT processing.  And they have me.

That is not an IT department which can do any (never mind all) of this buzz word stuff.

Check this out.

http://www.census.gov/econ/smallbus.html

Notice the Employment size table

Reality is what refuses to go away