[dba-SQLServer] Syncing Virtual Machines

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Oct 26 15:54:00 CDT 2011

You are correct. This stellar advice does come from a sole
proprietor who is intimately aware of the problems of marketing your
business, setting your billing rate, what the market will bear and all
of that,

Lexacorp is Me. There's no one else.  It's been that way for the last 18 years.

I said "required", not "desired".
You determine your minimum required income to cover all costs and an accceptable wage
for yourself.
You estimate your minimum billable hours factoring in all those other things and that
determines your minimum billing rate.
You then look at the market to see how that rate stacks up.

If you can sell your services at that rate for the estimated hours, you survive.
If you can sell your services at a higher rate or sell more hours, you will do well
If you can't sell your services at that rate - get out of the business.

--
Stuart