[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] MySQL

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:52:34 CDT 2011

There are some nice things about MySQL but on the other hand I definitely do
not like where Oracle is going with this puppy since its acquisition of Sun
and by inheritance MySQL. I'm still on the fence about these developments,
but quite frankly I am leaning against Oracle on all these transmutations of
what was originally a simple, straightforward approach. At last
recollection, Monty has departed, and with him, I fear, has the guiding
vision of this product.

Frankly, I am all over the place on where next to go: I look at Mongo and
see it exquisite for web-apps but not for OLTP situations. I look at
PostGreSQL and think it's got a bunch of things right. I look at Oracle and
MS-SQL and think they have some things right as well. I frankly do not have
any clue into which basket to toss my next eggs.

Arthur