[dba-SQLServer] Fwd: Windows Secrets: The Sorry Tale of the (un)Secure Sockets Layer

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:28:35 CDT 2011

Hello Hans-Christian,

I am not religious about this, and I suppose I cannot disagree with most of
what you have mentioned - there are unknown costs.

The only bit that I disagree with is the "little bit".  The efforts we have
all spent over the last 20 years to protect ourselves is enormous.  It is
billions and billions of Euro.

The only real point that I was throwing out is to remind ourselves of that
and to attempt to balance the reward for that investment.

John's comments about average values are of course correct, but the message
is still valid - billions and tens or hundreds of billions spent to protect
what sometimes is only millions and tens of millions.

I just thought it was an interesting take on things.

Mark