[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] MySQL

Hans-Christian Andersen ha at phulse.com
Wed Sep 21 01:10:37 CDT 2011

John,

At my company, we have implemented Cassandra (a NoSQL database) partitioned
under 3 nodes. Yes, there are pros and cons, but the simplicity of scaling
that you get with NoSQL databases can far outweigh the cons and this is the
sort of thing that small and large web companies look to these days.
Something that has been some what of a difficulty for RDBMS's. We do also
keep a subset if our data within a traditional RDBMS, because thats what
makes sense for that data.

It really comes down to your requirements and knowing the tools you work
with.

Hans-Christian