[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] MySQL

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:40:43 CDT 2011

Stick with what you know, until and unless you have learned something new. I
love Linux and  more specifically Ubuntu 11.04, and on this VM I run this
baby and OpenOffice and Base (not quite an Access clone but not bad).

VMs are the safe way to play, IMO. Have tried lots of them and have
succeeded in protecting my main squeeze, which is what it's all about.

I can't help experimenting. That's just my nature. But I also like to wear
a jock-strap just in case. Hence my preference for VMs, safe sandboxes that
cannot fork with my main squeeze,

Call me a pussy but over lo these many years I have learned that you cannot,
cannot, cannot, fork with my home-baby. Sandboxes are us, as it were. If and
when it proves interesting, I might promote you to home, but not unless and
until.  Too much acid on my face for me to choose any other alternative.

Arthur