[dba-SQLServer] SSRS 2008R2

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Wed Feb 15 10:25:54 CST 2012

The article is stale.  You might check the date of the article.

I run it in Win 7 all the time.

Oh, and be glad that you bowed out of that Dallas client for
Dot Net.  It is a real mess.  A friend of mine and I are contemplating
if we want to do it or just bow out of it also.  It is essentially going to
be a total rewrite because of the poor coding that was done by
overseas people in India that the guy did NOT know was working on it.

At 08:52 PM 2/14/2012, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:52:28 -0500
>From: Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
>To: Discussion concerning MS SQL Server
>         <dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: [dba-SQLServer] SSRS 2008R2
>
>I have just done the basic R2 installation, but I just read a piece (
>http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQL+Server+2008/74856/ ) that says
>that the only OSs upon which I can install SSRS SQL 2008 R2 are:
>
>*Server operating systems include:*
>
>    - Windows Server 2003.
>    - Windows Small Business Server 2003.
>    - Windows 2000 Server.
>
>*Workstation operating systems include:*
>
>    - Windows XP Professional.
>    - Windows 2000 Workstation.
>

>Is this true? What about Win7 Ultimate? No dice? Seems shocking to say the
>least. Maybe this article is stale?

Robert L. Stewart
www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com