[dba-SQLServer] Completely Uninstall SQL Server

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:48:26 CST 2012

How can I completely uninstall SQL Server, removing all traces of it,
including anything that might lurk in the registry? I have more than one
version installed currently (2008 R2, 2012 RC0, and a 2005 that some other
product installed. I want to nuke them all and start over. I've tried
uninstalling them one by one, but that doesn't seem to result in a complete
nuke. Any suggestions, short of reformatting the disks? (Actually, on
payday I intend to buy a TB hard disk, copy everything there, and reformat
all the existing disks, and start over from scratch.)

Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Neils Bohr