[dba-SQLServer] Displaying SQL Server Time(7) in Access

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 5 20:38:12 CDT 2012

I am stumped on how to display a SQL Server time value in an Access form while leaving it editable.
  If I look directly in the table in SQL Server a time is displayed like this: 08:45:00.0000000.
Likewise it is displayed in the Access form in that manner which of course is a major annoyance.

Access input masks work correctly for stuffing the times in but "formats" such as Short time etc
have no apparent effect at all.  For reporting I can simply do a left(SomeTime,5) to get HH:MM
format but of course I can't do that in the form's text field.

So how the heck do I do this format in the form to display just the hour and minute?

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it