[dba-SQLServer] Random autonumber ID

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:20:00 CDT 2012

Gustav,

IMO this is not the best method, and not even the second or third best
method. If for reason you or the client doesn't like AutoNumber, that's
cool. I have dealt with such unruly clients in the past (c.f. my missive on
long-lasting hardware) Back to the subject: if for some asinine reason, the
client doesn't like AutoNumber, then present her with the alternative,
GUID, which according to MS's statisticians, is guaranteed to work for the
next 70+ years. By which time I shall be dead, and therefore unavailable
 for post-midnight fixes. Sorry, but Arthur has left the building.

Which reminds me of a couple of websites I happened upon this week.

"Why can't we just get a Bong?" Marijuana party of Canadia. And the other
one I forget. LOL.