[dba-SQLServer] Random autonumber ID

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:23:03 CDT 2012

Hello Gustav,

I think that SQL Server will automatically pick up at the largest number
currently in the table and work away happily.  If not, you can easily set
the starting number for the new range using DBCC CHECKIDENT

In fact, if the last random number was 547845714  you could make the next
Identity Insert start at 6000000000

Mark