[dba-SQLServer] back at it again...

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri May 25 12:50:31 CDT 2012

hmm. can't find it on Roger's site... I'm going to this link, maybe there's
another site these days:

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/other-download-libraries_forums_cat1.html

If you like JQuery you should also look at Sencha it has some really slick
and "Fast" javascript libraries that make the app just scream on webkit
browsers. (android/ios).

iOS development has gone well for me... I ended up working on a sink or
swim project here for our Control Assembly area... Currently we "are"
printing over 300 pages of documents to get the line going per machine we
build.  The workstations that we have deployed the app at are now able to
barcode their production orders and get to their materials list.  Once they
invoke the flag to deliver the PDFs via our ERP system we'll be able to
deliver them from the iPad as well.

in our development systems we were able to test this workflow and it was
stable and fast.

for a jailbroken device this is not true, you can actually just go that
route if your friends are cool with jailbreaking.

but for a standard iOS device the path to get an app onto a device is to
provision the device for development.  Thus the $99/fee, for adhoc and
Enterprise apps that means that you need to re-sign the app once a year.

if the app gets deployed to the appstore, you don't loose out if you decide
to cancel your membership, generally apps in the app store get killed if
you use a private api and apple finds out, or B, you the developer removes
it.

that is a feature I like about Android development is the ability to
generate apk's and just give them away to anyone forever... I still haven't
crossed that bridge to build an Android product... though I have a few
co-workers requesting Android Apps

-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...
<http://db.tt/JeXURAx>