[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 Display Formatting Problem

Alan Lawhon lawhonac at hiwaay.net
Sat May 26 13:02:01 CDT 2012

Stuart:

I listed the code (verbatim) exactly as given in the book.  The only
difference (which is obvious) is the section involving the 50 percent
calculation where I substituted a CONVERT function to try and change the
display of the values in the "Payment" calculated field for the records that
fall into the 50 percent payment catagory.  When you're displaying monetary
values in the result set, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a value such as
$123.45 to display as 123.452349, so I was attempting to convert the
123.452349 value to a character string that displays as $123.45.

I'm a little confused about data types, but I'll figure this out eventually.

Alan C. Lawhon