[dba-SQLServer] Cannot modify a query

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Nov 16 10:58:04 CST 2012

I have a specific query with the error "cannot find an entry with index 2 on object with ID 41 in
database with ID 14.

I can open the query in design view, I can run the query and get data, but I cannot modify the query
nor can I delete it.  It just happens to be a "base query" for a bunch of other queries and I need
to modify the query.  I can take the SQL statement and save that as a new query and modify that but
I cannot do any mod to the base query.

So can I manually edit a table somewhere that stores the definition for this query?

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it