[dba-SQLServer] Access disconnecting from sql express DB

J- P jnatola at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:54:26 CDT 2013

So I changed recovery to simple, did a shrink via smss and selected log, shrink, reclaim unused space
and WOW did it shrink, it went down to 1MB , thats not even 1 % , much less 10% of the DB size (hope I didnt muck it up)

Then
 I reverted back to full recovery , ran a full backup and a log backup
and its still working, as far as versions they are the following ;

2003 r2 sp2
sql 9.0.5000 sp4

What
 are items I should look for in a trace that should be considered
"flags" - this DB started in access 97, went through many hands and
"coders" (using the term loosely,) then went to sql express , and the
front end has gone from Access 97 to 2000, , xp, 2003, and now on 2010

So there are many places that it could go wrong- If I were to open a PSS case, should I open  an Access 2010 case or SQL case?