[dba-SQLServer] Table lock with uncommitted BeginTrans

Jim Lawrence jlawrenc1 at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 29 10:40:14 CDT 2013

Hi Gustav:

Question: Why would a BeginTrans be executed without the follow up of a
RollBack/CommitTrans? This probably is what is locking the table.

I am no expert in ODBC, as I only ever use ADO, it is faster and has never
failed in almost 20 years. Example:

Dim objConn As ADODB.Connection
Dim objCmd As ADODB.Command

Set objConn = New ADODB.Connection