[dba-SQLServer] Access SQL pass through query problem

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue May 14 02:49:06 CDT 2013

Hello Stephen,

this only way I build my ODBC connections it from within Access.  I think I
usually use machine DSN.

I simply click the builder in the connection string section of the pst and
choose or create a ODBC from within Access.  If I create it for the linked
tables, I can simply select it from the pst, or vice versa but I always
seem to have to create the odbc from within access.  This method works well
for me for years.

Mark