[dba-SQLServer] Remote ETL

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Oct 13 16:42:01 CDT 2013

If it's a public/ISP hosted SQL database, it is likely that they have disabled remote access as
a security measure - many/most do.

In that case, the only way to read/write data will be from their hosted web server's IP address.
In that case, you will have to FTP the data to the server and update the tables  using the tools
available on the web server

--
Stuart