[dba-SQLServer] Validation rules and SQL Server

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Apr 13 17:08:59 CDT 2014

Listers,

I have a 2010 database accdb file which uses DSNless connections to get
recordsets for form and control sources.  It have a control which is linked
to tinyint field in an SQL 2008 table.  I have a validation rule in the
control "Is Not Null" and a Validation Text.  However if I clear out the
value in the field the validation rule doesn't fire.

I have previously used adp's with SQL back ends and have not had this
problem.  Has anyone come across this before?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand