[dba-SQLServer] Short term consultant

J- P jnatola at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:24:32 CST 2014

Right now is the busiest time of the year (its a lighting company) so until Jan everything is on hold.

I did find out that its the VBA code that causes the most pain or so they tell me.

just a quick example;

 if a job starts on 1st of the month, and ends on the 2nd (2 day job)  the forms load quicker because its checking/calculating to see (among many other things) how many jobs  are utilizing a particular inventory item in the 2 days this job is scheduled;

and the inverse applies as well, if a job starts on the 1st and ends on the 20th, now its checking how many jobs are utilizing the inventory item over a span of 20 days, thus the "calculating" takes 10 times as long.

I will be back after the holidays, and thanks