[dba-SQLServer] Appending Data with AutoNumber in SQL Server

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Jun 5 13:28:01 CDT 2014

I don't know SQL that well but when I had to do this in an mdb, I changed
the Autonumber to a long integer then changed it back later.

The other way is - assuming the primary key is a foreign key in some child
table(s) and you need that one to many relationship, is to write the new PK
for the FK field in the child tables - PITA I know since you probably can't
do that with queries and it needs to be coded.

Hth

Rocky