[dba-SQLServer] sql2005 express to standard

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:29:05 CDT 2014

Well then it comes down to cost and whether you or your company take the
chance on support ending and something going wrong, I had little
involvement with my two previous companies about the versions we installed.
 In this case I would probably go the to company supplying the timtrack
software and ask them about newer express versions first, maybe SQL Express
2012 Advanced maybe an option or why they recommend going to a standard
edition i.e. why do they say this, if it's the size of the databases 2012
and (i think) 2008 upwards can support 10GB databases.  Then when you get
the answers from them, put that along together with costs, pro's and con's
for your company and see what they say, or when you find out why your
timtrack supplier recommends standard editions, post back on here, just
because a company recommends it, doesn't mean it won't work with an express
version.

Paul