[dba-SQLServer] FW: SQL Cluster

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed May 7 11:16:30 CDT 2014

I do know whether this is part of the issue but I have always been advised to turn off volume shadow copy, on active data drives, as it can be very resource intensive and runs independently of the data server...even when the server is under load. Oracle, manages its own roll backup so any processes that may affect active data management and resources are not allowed to interfere.

Perfmon is a great system monitor as it runs at a low level, takes very little resources and is always running. Many of the DBA guys, I have known, swear by the tool.

Could have used poolmon a few years ago. (Its a good article.)

Jim