[dba-SQLServer] Schemas for separation of clients?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 30 12:21:38 CDT 2015

Hi Mark

How do you copy a database from an in-house SQL Server 2008 Standard to the hosted SQL Server 2008 Express?
I can copy and create the schema, but have had no luck finding a method to copy either the data to the created schema or the complete database.

I have used both SSMS 2008 on the AWS machine as well as SSMS 2012/2014 on my own machines.

There has to be a simple and proven method.

/gustav