[dba-SQLServer] Field missing in Linked SQL Table/View

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Jan 13 12:40:18 CST 2016

Hi Listers,

I have an SQL 2012 database that belongs to another application which I have
little control over.  I am allowed to create views of the tables.  I have
created a view of a particular table which just selects a few of the fields
from the table.  I have then linked the view to my Access 2010 database.

The unusual thing is that one of the fields does not appear in the linked
table in Access.  It is definitely in the view and appears when I run the
view.

I have tried linking directly to the SQL table and this includes all the
fields except for the same field missing from the view.

I have changed the view and relinked it - all of the changes show in the
linked table except the same field doesn't show.

There is nothing unusual I can see about the field.  It is a nvarchar(25).
The type is a user defined data type but so are a number of other fields
that all appear in the linked table.

Has anyone come across this before?

Regards

David Emerson