[dba-SQLServer] SQL error in Excel query to IBM DB2 data source

Zimmer, Michael Michael.Zimmer at federalmogul.com
Mon May 2 09:18:00 CDT 2016

Ouch!  Monday morning brain reboot needed.

Found the ODBC DSN in the ODBC Create New Data Source wizard.
"Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" checked on by default.  Unchecked = no change
"Use ANSI nulls, padding's and warnings" checked on by default.  Unchecked = no change
I tried various combinations of the above all with no change to problem.
Then I unchecked the "Perform translation for character data" box to see if that would help.  = no change.

Still stumped in Wisconsin.  Ugh!

Mike