[dba-Tech] Contact Management

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Aug 4 15:52:15 CDT 2003

In our company's application, they decided to also track customer
complaints, well the Goldmine product couldn't keep good track of these
notes since it would overwrite them and issuing out a call note to a user
was also more problematic than it was worth, for starters once it left a
queue it would never return or even worst, it could go into the black hole
of lost notes.  so I tailor crafted a sql / access solution in which I pick
up all the complaints that synch up to our backup server at our office and
use it's data to produce tracking for the rest of the company (ie, sales,
service, manufacturing, engineering, etc..) this has so far proven to be
much more efficient.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Monday, August 04, 2003 1:11 PM [GMT-8],