[dba-Tech] XP net management

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Wed Aug 6 10:10:48 CDT 2003

MessageOkay, you need to setup Active Directory.  Honestly, the best method would be to use the Windows' help file.  It will tell you what you need to do.  Once you have Active Directory (or AD) setup, you can create Domain users and groups.  You can also setup login scripts (along with a ton of other things) for each user/group, so that when a user logs onto your network, no matter what machine they are on, they get their exact settings.

You'll also want to setup roaming profiles, but I personally have never done that.

As far as setting up a domain, it has nothing to do with your internet connection, just an FYI.

Drew