[dba-Tech] Re: Pop-ups

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Thu Aug 7 11:34:15 CDT 2003

Pop-Up Stopper stops ALL popups, that are encoded in the same manner (ie,
launch a window from within a link or site) but it doesnt stop popups
generated from a windows API environment from programs such as ad-supported
software.  I used to use Pop-Up Stopper before I found PopUp Manager
(www.endpopups.com).  One thing that became increasingly annoying w/ Pop-Up
Stopper and other similar software is that you (the user) had to make
allowances to make popup windows available.  The even more frustrating part
was that if you did temorarily disable the popups then surfed to another
site you end up seeing all the popups agian untill you re-enable it.

PopUp Manager on the other hand blocks all the ads and none of the pop ups
it shouldn't.  It even does a great job for the ad-supported software.  (how
does it know? i don't know)  But I like visiting forumns and having the
popup blocked yet the little similes selector popup comes through just fine
and all w/ out extra fiddling or twiddeling from me.  I couldn't be happier
with PopUpManger....

my 2cents.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com

On Thursday, August 07, 2003 8:00 AM [GMT-8],