[dba-Tech] Security measures

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 26 21:26:50 CDT 2003

On 26 Aug 2003 at 15:49, Steven W. Erbach wrote:

> 1) What resources do you turn to for security information -- books,
> magazines, web sites, etc.?

There is no one specific place I get my info from. It's kind of a
hodge podge of here and there. A few are: MS Security Bulletins
(sorry
can't find a URL :( Langa List (http://www.langa.com) LockerGnome
(http://www.lockergnome.com) Woody's Watches
(http://www.woodyswatch.com/) Cert Advisories (http://www.cert.org)
Woody's Longe (http://www.wopr.com/lounge)

Those are the main places I get my info from. Plus whatever I hear
"along the way"

(continued in next message. Network problems :(

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend
will be sitting next to you saying ^Damn... We ****ed up.^

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better', so I installed
Linux.