[dba-Tech] Security measures

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 10:30:35 CDT 2003

1. Firewall : Sygate Personal Firewall (the best imho, even compared to
kiero)
2. Antivirus: TrendMicro 2003 (best antivirus program on the market (imho)

3. Don't do Automatic Windows update, in fact No Windows update... am
signed up for the notification from MS on patches and updates.
Carefully guage each update and only apply as needed. ghost images are
created BEFORE each patch. (just in case)

4. Signed up to a hardwarelist which other people report back on the
success of patches (hardwaregroup.com)

Don't use IE, only Mozilla Firebird (.61), and recently moved away from
OE to Mozilla Thunderbird (.1), basic email exploits are a thing of the
past... oh and I can still read my hotmail email thorugh the client ;o)
thanks to this program Hotmail Popper(www.boolean.ca).
--
-Francisco