[dba-Tech] Security measures

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 27 17:19:46 CDT 2003

It's strange that so many people report problems with Windows updates.  I
have 4 computers - an OLD dual Pentium II 233, a "newer" Toshiba laptop PII
233, and two ~2 year old "modern" computers (1.4g AMD Athlon - "homebuilt").
I run windows update religiously and have never had a problem on any of
them.  Win2K Pro, Office 97/2k/XP, NAV, etc.

Further I was the Sys Admin for the screw company and regularly updated
their ~12 computers - Gateway / Dell.  Always just applied all SPs, updates.
Always worked.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com