[dba-Tech] Security measures

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 18:10:14 CDT 2003

John,

>> OnStream tape backup <<

A bit outside my budget. I tried 2 HP SureStore 20e SCSI backup drives. Both
failed within a year. Sheesh! About $450 apiece plus 40 or 50 backup tapes.
I'm not real thrilled with tape backups.

>> Sophos - AV w/daily updates (by far the best info on new viruses - I
recommend you subscribe to their email notification list) <<

I have subscribed. Thanks for the tip.

Lots of good advice here. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

If architects built buildings the way programmers built applications, the
first woodpecker to come along would cause the end of civilization.