[dba-Tech] Security measures

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 04:39:35 CDT 2003

The only problem I've found with a windows update was with win2k SP3
creating DCOM errors on older systems... By older, I mean high end p2's and
low end p3's. I had to rebuild a couple of them, so gave up installing it on
them at work. I tried SP4 on a pc I was building for my brother at home, and
it worked, so they appear to have corrected the error. But that's been it...

Although I have noticed that since I installed the Lovsan patch last week,
on more than a few pc's the Internet Explorer icon has disappeared from the
desktop... Any ideas???

Jon