[dba-Tech] Security measures

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Aug 28 10:32:51 CDT 2003

Yes, also for some removable types.
I seen some removable boxes where you can put your on ATA disk in...
As soon when you use the ATA (IDE) controller in the computer you can
have this.
When the IDE controllers (on the mainboard) uses the same chipset you
should not have that problem, but i would not bet on that.

There is also a rule that says that you need to format the drive in the
position you gonna use it. Some pc the disk is verticaly mounted some
horizontaly. If you change the orientation this could lead to troubles.
A reformat is advised. Nobody does it, but that something else...

But I'm positivly sure mixing controllers (IDE/ATA but not SCSI) can
lead to corruptions if not reformatted.

I believe (it would be very stuppid if not) that any USB/firewire does
not have this prob because the controller is built in the box...

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/jonathan

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be  *  www.boxoffice.be  *  www.stadleuven.be

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be