[dba-Tech] 1-2-3 DOS version under XP

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 3 09:25:49 CST 2003

...nope ...W95 was a real OS ...you can run W95 without ever referring to
the DOS as a separate entity, its not a "shell" program as previous versions
of Windows had been ...granted DOS is still there but its no longer the
captain of the ship.

...as for the IBM/MS partnership in OS/2, MS was the lead in that program
and when IBM big wigs tried to put the MS horse back in the IBM barn by
restricting MS development on Win 3x, Gates filed for divorce to the stunned
amazement of the big guns at IBM ...they both walked away with the same code
base ...IBM produced OS/2 and bombed ...MS produced NT and the rest is
history :)

William Hindman
Government is not reason, government is not persuasion,
government is force. It is a dangerous servant." G. Washington