[dba-Tech] CA Anti-virus

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 14 07:49:42 CST 2003

On 12 Dec 2003 at 17:22, John Bartow wrote:

> Does anyone here use Computer Associates AV software? Any comments on
> it?

I use it at work. CA's eTrust Anti Virus. I quite like it.

It doesn't seem to bog down the system like McAfee does.

The company I work for struck a  deal with CA to allow their
employees to installl the Anti-Virus on their home PCs. I unistalled
McAfee and installed eTrust AV.

All I can say is WOW!! MY boot times are considerably faster now. My
system even seems more "pepier" since I got rid of McAfee.

I have tried McAfee, AVG, I installed Norton on someone elses PC and
have heard complaints ever since.

I would recommend CA's eTrust AV.

BTW, these comments are based on running it on Win2K and XPP

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Standards are like a toothbrush * everyone wants one but no one wants
to use yours!