[dba-Tech] DOS FTP

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jul 24 01:58:40 CDT 2003

Hi Mark

The major advantage of DOS FTP is that is present on most Windows
machines; that is, at any machine you can sit down and get/send a file
from/to your FTP server back home.

For sending a single file or so, I use WCL_FTP (free) for which you
can get a module for Access - it's nearly a plug-in and go:

  http://www.pacific.net/~ken/software/

Instead of a DOS box the user has a small status windows to watch.

For sending thousands of files (I have an app sending a library of
pictures to a web site) nothing beats automation and 3D-FTP (USD 40):

  http://www.3dftp.com/

It runs at an incredible speed because it is multi-threaded, has all
features, error handling and a nice status window which is needed for
long up/downloads.

/gustav