[dba-Tech] Migrate Plug-Ins From Netscape to Mozilla?

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 11:18:57 CST 2003

Tina Norris Fields wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently, I downloaded the Mozilla Firebird browser and Thunderbird
> mail client.  I plan to make the Firebird my default browser, but not
> until it recognizes all the nice plug-ins I already have for
> Netscape.  What is the trick?  I don't really want to go back and
> download the plug-in applications one by one - I've already done that
> for my Netscape installation.  Can anyone on this list tell me how to
> do this efficiently and effectively?  Thanks.
>
> Tina

IIRC it should just be a matter of coping and pasting the Plugins directory.
just visited the site and found that they have a registry entry you can
add to help w/ the plugins for Mozilla Firebird.
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/phoenixwin.html

btw, Which Version of Firebird and Thunderbird are you using I'm using

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007
Firebird/0.7
and
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4a (20031103)

--