[dba-Tech] MS patches Scroll out of IE

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Nov 18 16:23:48 CST 2003

On 18 Nov 2003 at 11:49, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2003 at 8:37, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the rundown.  I did load it on machine #2 and it looked
> > quite good.  SO maybe I'll go over and also load Pegasus and K9.  Do
> > you know if you can you import your address book from OE to K9?
>
> Is the question, can you get your OE address book into K9's
> WhiteList, then if you can get OE's address bok exported into this
> format:
>
> >From :Someone at Somehost.tld
>
> then yes sort of. You just export the file to a file called
> whitelist.txt and replace k9's default whitelist.txt file.
>
> If you mean get it into Pegasus, so you can use it there to creae
> emails then there are conversion apps out there. I don't recall any
> of their names however. Maybe Stuart does.

There are tools around, but I've never bothered with them.
One that is frequently mentioned as working well is Dawn:

http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

I've done it quite a few times just by dumping the address book to a
tab delimited file, opening it in Excel to re-arrrange the columns
and then importing the tab delimited file into a Pegasus Address
book.
(You can create a dummy address book with one entry in Pegasus and
export it to a tab delimited file so that you can see what layout you
ned for the import)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg