[dba-Tech] MS patches Scroll out of IE

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Nov 18 17:33:50 CST 2003

This is how the data looks out of Firebird,

  The Planets Table

Name 	Mass 	Radius 	Day
Mercury 	.0553 (Earth = 1) 	1516 miles
Venus 	.815 (Earth = 1) 	3716 miles
Earth 	1 (Earth = 1) 	2107 miles

and this is it in Opera
Mercury .0553 58.65 1516 .983 43.4 Venus .815 116.75 3716 .943 66.8
Earth 1 1 2107 1 128.4

and like this in IE 6 sp1 (which looks just like in firebird)

MartyConnelly wrote:

> Here I composed my own test should work client side just a basic xml
> file calling an internal xsl file
> http://www5.brinkster.com/mconnelly/ClientXML/planetbig.xml
> and
> http://www5.brinkster.com/mconnelly/ClientXML/planetsbig.xsl
>
> Should see with wrong radius
>
> The Planets Table
> Name Mass Radius Day
> Mercury .0553 (Earth = 1) 1516 miles
> Venus .815 (Earth = 1) 3716 miles
> Earth 1 (Earth = 1) 2107 miles
>

> Bryan Carbonnell wrote:
>
>> On 18 Nov 2003 at 12:11, MartyConnelly wrote:
>>

>>> Well it isn't IE specific but you need MSXML installed to do the
>>> transform of the XML via XSL and XSLT to either XML alone or displayed
>>> with a css file or directly to html. IE installs various versions of
>>> MSXML as do the OS above Win2000 . And it is an activex object. You
>>> can put the XSL inside the XML file. I'll have to find an example.
>>> Netscape 7 is supposed to handle this as well. This is all supposedly
>>> handled client side not on the server.
>>>

>> Just found this at: http://texturizer.net/firebird/faq.html
>>
>> "There is no support for VBScript and ActiveX,"
>>
>> So since http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/tryit.asp?filename=cdcatalog is
>> trying to create new ActiveX objects, it won't work in Firebird
>>
>> --
>> Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
>> I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

-Francisco