[dba-Tech] Favor from an XP user

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Fri Nov 21 03:01:28 CST 2003

I don't know for your app, but I can asure you that problems exists with
some DOS apps that worked fine in W2K and are not working as it should
in XP.

A well known acoountancy dos app, does not work in full screen DOS mode.
It must be in a window DOS.
I try to remember the nature of the problem but it has to do with the
keyboard.
I believe in full screen dos, typing keys does not show up in the
application, it does not respond to the keyboard.
It does respond when in dos windowed mode (bizare), it also also only
supports qwerty keyboards in despite that the keyboard is working in
azerty in regular windows.
The app supplier claims there is no solution to resolve this in Windows
XP.

For me its clear there are some major changes in the dos emulation
between W2K and XP.
You should test before upgrading or installing XP.

Erwin