[dba-Tech] WindowsXP Pro - No Logon Screen

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Fri Nov 21 08:10:22 CST 2003

On my home system, I've loaded XP two separate ways...once with two created
logons, and currently (although I know it is "wrong") with just the default
Administrator logon.  All service packs, updates have been installed.  All
is good.

A friend of mine came to me with a startling question.  He had XP loaded
with all updates, as I do, with just the Administrator account.  However,
last night, for no apparent reason when he powered on his machine the logon
screen was blank except for the shutdown link...no logon icon is present,
thus he is unable to logon to his machine.  Neither will it boot into safe
mode.

Any suggestions?

Mark