[dba-Tech] Windows group

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 15:14:18 CDT 2003

Gustav,

Thanks for the pointers on Novell. I think I'll check out that Small
Business Server thing.

I was really looking for an explanation of the NET ACCOUNTS /FORCELOGOFF
function and why it doesn't seem to work on a plain old Windows PC. The
details for the command seem to suggest that if there are users set up on
that PC whose logon times have been restricted, then the /FORCELOGOFF
command will give them X minutes to get the heck out of Dodge. That doesn't
seem to be the case on my Windows 2000 Pro w/s.

If there were just something clearcut like the Novell user login times
capability...that's what I meant.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"The press must learn that misguided use of a computer is no more amazing
than drunk driving of an automobile." - Ken Thompson (co-inventor of UNIX),
1984