[dba-Tech] Re: Virus mail

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 12:59:23 CDT 2003

It depends on the firewall.  I've used ZoneAlarm and TPF before it was
bought out and renamed as keiro.  I currently have been using Sygate
Personal Firewall.  It is rarely mentioned in many reviews and I'd say
it's the unsung hero.  It of course is FREE for personal use and also
provide a PRO version for 40 bucks IIRC.

In my experiance, Sygate has consumed less resources and been more
effective than the common firewalls everyone else hears about,
ZoneAlarm, Symantec, McAfee, Kiero, Outpost (firewall not Fry's the store).

--
-Francisco