[dba-Tech] Pop-up stoppers

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 14:20:00 CDT 2003

I hate that thing.  whenever I troubleshoot anyone's pc here at work and
I find that thing I immediatly uninstall it and replace it with
popupmanager.  For one they get less clutter in IE, and 2nd it doesn't
distract w/ a bunch of useless buttons etc.  If you really like
searching from your browser directly into Google, try Mozilla Firebird,
it's one of the default plug-ins.  I use a series of plugins to date.
Google, alltheweb, Ebay even IMDB and dictionary and thesaurus.com  :)
you select type your word and you're off, it doesn't call home or run
statistics off your bandwidth like the googlebar and the browser kills
the popups ... I've mentioned before on the list Mozilla Firebird is my
default browser and I RARELY ever need to use IE for anything, in fact I
would argue that I possibly use it than 5 times a month (IE that is).

--
-Francisco