[dba-Tech] OT: Wireless network (sort of)

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:21:21 CST 2003

I saw on the Linksys site in the Knowledge base after searching for "Secure
wireless network" they talked about turning off "SSID" and that would not
allow other people to see your access points.

Supposedly "WEP" encryption is easily hackable It will keep most people out
but not true hackers
http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,46187,00.html

The more improved standard is "WPA" Have a look here....

Keeping your wireless network secure;

Exploiting and Protecting Wireless Networks

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com