[dba-Tech] Outlook problem

James Barash James at fcidms.com
Fri Sep 19 07:52:22 CDT 2003

Arthur,
Is your friend using Dial-up access for his e-mail? I know Outlook will
pop-up the password dialog when it cannot connect to the mail server,
either because of connectivity problems or problems on the mail server.
You might want to check how often Outlook is configured to check for new
mail under Tools->Send/Receive Settings.

James Barash