[dba-Tech] Office Toolbar

Tesiny, Ed EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us
Thu Apr 8 08:17:30 CDT 2004

Not particularly, before Gateway built these 650 PCs, they sent a hard
drive to our agency and from what I hear 2 individuals decided what
software was to be installed.  Keep in mind our IT shop is strictly
Oracle/Unix, they don't understand high end PC users who may be running,
Access, SPSS and SAS all at the same time.  Anyway,  they installed the
software and then sent it to Gateway where they ghosted all the HDs.  I
became such a pain to these folks requesting this and that be installed
that they made me administrator on my PC, that helped a lot.  In
addition, they are using consultants to do a lot of the work and Monday
the consultant who configured all our filtering and security software
walked to take another job.  Very frustrating.

Ed Tesiny
EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us